A weight bench is a perfect tool to have an effective workout at home or at the gym. However, if you want to work out and train with benches then it is important that you find the right kind of training benches to help you. If you pick out the wrong sort of bench then it can cause problems with your training and delay getting yourself fit.
- The 5 Best Selling Weight Benches:
- What to Consider When Buying a Weight Bench
- Types of Weight Benches
- Preacher Curl Bench
- The 2 Best Preacher Curl Benches:
- Dumbbell Weight Bench
- The 2 Best Dumbbell Weight Benches:
- Olympic Weight Bench
- The 2 Best Olympic Weight Benches:
- Ab Weight Bench
- The 2 Best Ab Weight Benches:
The 5 Best Selling Weight Benches:
For your convenience, the below list shows the 5 best selling weight benches on Amazon.com. Scroll further down for our full buyer’s guide and weight bench reviews.
- ✅【620 LBS WEIGHT CAPACITY】Designed a unique frame with triangular structure and made of heavy-duty...
- ✅【FAST ADJUSTMENT with AUTOMATIC LOCK】Designed with 7 back positions & 3 seat positions for Full...
- ✅【2" SOFT FOAM PADDING】10.6" Upgraded backrest and seat made of leather and filled with soft foam...
- ✅【SAVE 80% SPACE】 FLYBIRD foldable bench, easy to carry & NO ASSEMBLY NEEDED, folded size: 30" L x...
- ✅【FULLY ADJUSTABLE DESIGN】-Designed with 7 back positions to meet all your needs when doing...
- ✅【HEAVY-DUTY STEEL CONSTRUCTION】- The adjustable dumbbells bench designed with unique triangle...
- ✅【COMFORTABLE & ERGONOMIC DESIGN】- With high-density foam padding and seat secure body firmly and...
- ✅【EASY ASSEMBLE】- PASYOU Weight Bench is almost full assembled, you only need to assemble the front...
- Included Components: bench, manual
- Sport Type: Fitness & Yoga
- VERSATILE WORKOUT ACCESSORY: Ideal for personal training and even a home gym, this bench contributes to a...
- WIDE STRUCTURE: Achieve a quality upper body workout, as this versatile bench station is made with a wide...
- STURDY DESIGN: Crafted with safety in mind, this folding indoor/outdoor bench is equipped with sturdy...
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Made of faux leather and a durable, powder-coated steel frame, this padded bench...
- FULL-BODY WORKOUT – This Flat Utility Bench is a high-functioning workout equipment that lets you...
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION – This bench has a durable construction providing a max weight capacity of 600...
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN – This bench is designed for perfect space-saving. Its heavy-duty steel frame is...
- POWDER-COATED FINISH – Reinforced with powder coating, the Marcy Flat Utility Weight Bench resists wear...
Going to the gym can help you out but there are times when staying at home is nice and you can have these types of benches at home and do your training whenever you want.
You already found your weight bench and are looking for the perfect workout weights to get your training started? Check out our buying guide for workout weights to find out which type will suit you best!
First, take a look at some of the top-rated and best-selling weight benches right now to give you an idea of what’s popular today:
What to Consider When Buying a Weight Bench
Some of the benches are just simple flat benches that have weights on them that are light and other benches are for the more serious lifter made for heavyweights. Before deciding what type of bench you would like to buy think about your goals and the types of workouts you might be doing. This should determine what type of bench you end up buying. If you want to go pro then talk with your doctor first and make sure that your body can handle it.
Another thing to remember is that even when you buy just a simple bench you can still upgrade it later and add in different weights as you become stronger. Sometimes starting out simple might also be ideal for the beginner.
A flat bench allows you to do a variety of positions and you can also lift up weights on them. You can even use dumbbells on flat benches. However, if you already are in shape and want to lift heavy weights then buying the right workout bench which is stable enough to support that kind of weight is a must.
When you are reviewing the weight benches and weights finding the perfect combination might be difficult because everyone has a different type of body and with that comes different goals with weight training. There are mainly 4 different types of weight benches that you will find available and this is what they currently are:
Types of Weight Benches
Preacher Curl Bench
If you want to tone up your biceps but yet at the same time want to keep your arms stabilized while you work out then you might want to look into a preacher curl bench. This type of bench is small, easy to move around, normally foldable and you can take it outside or leave it inside.
The 2 Best Preacher Curl Benches:
This bench is currently on sale at $89 online. You will find it has a flat/decline and incline bench that comes with a built-in curl and leg left. It’s very easy to clean and also maintain. This bench is great for your biceps. You can use a variety of positions on this bench.
This bench from Gold’s Gym is a multi-functional fitness tool that lets you work out almost every part of your body. Besides the preacher curl function for your forearms and biceps, you can also use the XRS 20 to work out your hamstrings and quads as well as other muscles. It is also built for weights of up to 600 pounds which makes it interesting to the more serious lifters among you. It is currently on sale for $223 saving you $75.
Dumbbell Weight Bench
A dumbbell weight bench is recommended instead of using just barbells. This type of bench usually doesn’t have any sort of barbell rack with it and in general, the bench is flat and simple. Most of the models happen to have an upper half which is adjustable and you can easily attach preacher curls and leg presses.
The 2 Best Dumbbell Weight Benches:
The Xmark XM-7629 is one of the most advanced lifters among you. It is fully adjustable to any position imaginable and comes with a lifetime warranty. On top of that, it supports a weight of up to 1500 pounds which should give even the heaviest lifter enough room to play. The bench comes at around $295.
This bench from Bowflex is around $129 online. You can easily turn any space that you might have into a fitness center with this one. You can adjust and turn it into four different types of positions and do over 30 exercises with it. The bench also helps correct your posture and stabilize your position so your workout is safe.
Olympic Weight Bench
Olympic weight benches are great because they are usually more stable since the bars offer extra support. This makes them very popular among fitness freaks. You can find a variety of these types of benches in the gym but the good news is you don’t have to go to the gym to get one.
The 2 Best Olympic Weight Benches:
The Body Champ WB125 is a traditional Olympics weight bench. It is a lower-end model that is perfect for beginners. The bench is adjustable to allow for incline, decline, and flat bench press positions. It also has a function to incorporate a leg workout. Priced at $80 this bench is ideal for beginners. However, if you are serious about your training you should definitely consider a more expensive option.
The Marcy Diamond is one of the more advanced Olympic benches on the market. It is currently on sale for $200 which saves you $100 and it a great bargain considering that it is much more stable than other cheaper options. Like a lot of other fitness equipment that is for the home user it also has different functions for leg workouts as well as a preacher curl bench incorporated.
Ab Weight Bench
Last but not least you might want to consider ab weight benches to incorporate ab workouts into your routine. These types of benches either decline or are horizontal.
The 2 Best Ab Weight Benches:
This ab bench is one of the best out there and can be found for around $295 online. It has a 7 position ladder back adjustment and the seat is adjustable in 6 different types of positions offering you much more than just an ab workout. It is incredibly stable and one of the best money can buy.
The XM-4416 is another ab bench by XMark. This model is priced at $150 and therefore considerably cheaper than the Ab Versa. However, it does not offer as many extra functions as the bigger brother. If you are looking for a true ab workout without all the extras this is the bench for you.
If you are unsure as to what type of bench you might want to buy then visit a local gym or either go to Sears or a sports department near you. Look at the benches closely and see which one feels right. Be sure to check your training goals and see if the bench you want to buy offers everything you will need in your workout.
This article was last updated on September 7, 2020 .
The Fitness Blog is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn More.